*The in-class component of this course will take place at our Calgary location:
#100, 1711 10 Ave SW
This is a basic course offering lifesaving first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for the workplace or home. Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
This course is delivered by blended online learning and in-class instruction.
3.5 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning*
Includes adult CPR content only
4.5 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning*
Includes adult, children and infant CPR content.
Red Cross First Aid Instructor
- Successfully demonstrate skills and critical steps
- Min. 75% mark for written knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
3-year certification in Emergency First Aid and CPR Level A or C
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
*On-line learning time will vary depending on the learner.