Courses on cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) provide the skills needed to recognize and respond to cardiovascular emergencies and choking for adults, children, and babies depending on the level of CPR chosen. Courses meet legislation requirements for provincial/ territorial worker safety and insurance boards, and include the latest CPR guidelines and training in the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
This course is delivered by in-class instruction.
5 hours in-class
Includes adult, children and infant CPR content.
Red Cross First Aid Instructor
- Successfully demonstrate skills and critical steps
- Min. 75% mark for written knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
3-year certification in CPR Level C
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Illnesses
Includes any other content required by specific legislation