STAFFING & PRICING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
XA Security / Green Event Services
ALBERTA EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS AND ALBERTA WORKER’S COMPENSATION BOARD REGULATIONS
- All services are subject to Alberta Employment Standards and Alberta Worker’s Compensation Board Regulations
- All rates are subject to 5% GST.
- Rates on the following general and optional holidays, will be invoiced at time-and-a-half (1.5x the Regular Rate). Days included:
- New Year’s Day
- Alberta Family Day
- Good Friday
- Easter Sunday
- Easter Monday
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- Alberta Heritage Day
- Labour Day
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Thanksgiving Day
- Remembrance Day
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
- Shifts must begin on a general or optional holiday to qualify for time-and-a-half (1.5x the Regular Rate) for the entirety of the shift. For example,
- A shift begins at 20:00 on July 1st and concludes at 03:00 on July 2nd. Seven hours would be invoiced at time-and-a-half (1.5x Regular Rate).
- A shift begins at 22:00 on December 31 and concludes at 02:00 on January 1. Four hours would be invoiced at Regular Rate, as the shift does not start on the holiday.
- All shift end times shall be billed to the nearest 15-minute increment.
- Overtime rates will be charged for shifts exceeding eight (8) unlessmutually agreed by the Client and Contractor. Over time is invoiced at 1.5x the Regular Rate.
- BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICY
- 72-hour cancellation: Cancellation of positions within 72 hours of the shift start time will be subject to a cancellation fee equal to the value of 50% of the hours cancelled at the posted rate per position.
- 24-hour cancellation: Cancellation of positions within 24 hours of the shift start time will be subject to a cancellation fee equal to the value of 100% of the hours cancelled at the posted rate per position.
- STAFFING RATIO
- All quotes and invoices will reflect the staffing requirements as requested by the client, using the Staffing Ratio Guideline, as outlined below, unless otherwise mutually agreed in a discussion prior to work. The Contractor will increase the Supervisor and Manager roles at the request of the Client or if the Contractor feels the integrity and safety of the shifts are at risk.
Staffing Ratio Guideline Security:
- Security Supervisor
- One (1) per eight (8) guards.
- Single position deployments will be staffed by a supervisor, unless mutually agreed by Contractor and Client.
- Security Manager
- One (1) per 50 guards. Contractor can also determine a manager is needed depending on the event.
Staffing Ratio Guideline Crew/Labour:
- Crew Supervisor
- Bookings with 2 or up to and including 12 total staff will include a working Crew Supervisor.
- Crew Steward
- Bookings with 13+ total staff will include a non-working Crew Steward.
Staffing Ratio Guideline Green Event Services:
- Event Leader
- One (1) per six (6) positions
- Single position deployments will be staffed by an Event Leader, unless mutually agreed by Contractor and Client.
- Event Manager
- Additional Event Managers may be deemed necessary depending on the size and complexity of the event and it’s staffing requirement.
HOURS OF WORK
- The minimum billable hours in a shift are four and a half (4.5) hours for Supervisors and four (4) hours for all other positions. Supervisors will be scheduled for 30 minutes prior to the rest of the staff, in order to allow them time to liaise with the client, conduct a site walk, and complete the required health and safety paperwork.
- A ‘Workday’ for a single employee starts when a minimum of eight (8) hours has elapsed since the end of the previous shift.
- For example: An employee’s shift ends at 15:00. In order to not incur overtime rates, the same employee cannot start working another shift for 8 hours, i.e., until 23:00 or later.
- TRAVEL TIME
- Locations outside the legal boundaries of the designated markets of Edmonton or Calgary shall be invoiced for the travel time per employee position rate. This will be done in half-hour increments, based on their home city.
- Alberta Employment Standards deems travel time as ‘Hours of Work’. All travel hours will be factored into the total shift length for overtime rate considerations.
- For example: A Calgary employee is scheduled for a shift from 09:00 – 15:00 in Red Deer, AB. Travel time would be 1.5 hours each way for a total of three (3) hours travel time. The invoice will reflect a start time of 07:30 and an end time of 16:30. The employee will be considered to have worked nine (9) hours and the invoice will reflect eight (8) hours of Regular Rate and one (1) hour of Overtime (1.5 x Regular Rate).
- ANCILLARY COSTS
- Ancillary costs shall be quoted and invoiced on a case-by-case, and mutually agreed basis. These costs include, but are not limited to, vehicle rentals, fuel costs, per diems, and radio rentals.
- Payment is accepted by Credit Card for invoices under $3000 CDN. Other forms of accepted payment are:
- Wire Transfer
- Email Money Transfer